Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: True Grit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do they do to the film to give it that gritty, muted color look like in Saving Private Ryan and Sleepy Hollow?


    ------------------
    No one understands me, no one appreciates me. I go from forum to forum providing life, energy and witty banter, and waht do I get? Nothing! They ignore me, or ban me, or threaten to hack me. Well, when I'm gone you'll realize how much I did!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Made it up.

    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Takes aim with new ( patented ) traffic cone gun......

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    they mute the colour and make it gritty and don't use a 180 degree shutter

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    on the american cinematography site in teh archives is a cewl article on Saving provate ryan which mentions a lot of the stuff used in that,

    cant rememebr the url though :-(


    all i know is reduced the saturation to 40 %


    ------------------
    www.5ylac.s5.com

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmm you're a big help...lol

    ------------------
    No one understands me, no one appreciates me. I go from forum to forum providing life, energy and witty banter, and waht do I get? Nothing! They ignore me, or ban me, or threaten to hack me. Well, when I'm gone you'll realize how much I did!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •